How to select a Water Heater?
We realize that choosing a water heater takes a lot of planning and research. To help you make the right choice for a water heater that perfectly suits your lifestyle requirements, we have listed down commonly asked questions.
Please browse through the following sections where we have answered most queries about water heaters.
We will be happy to hear from you should there be question that is missed out.
Capacity of Water Heater
Where will it be installed?
Different installations require different capacities of water heaters. For example, in kitchen the hot water requirement is minimal and you need a very small capacity water heater in this case instant water heater will suffice. Overhead showers use a lot more hot water and you need a water heater so depending on family size, use a storage water heater of higher capacity from 10 L to 25 L. Jacuzzis and whirlpools have still higher requirement of hot water and for these installations you will require water heaters of still higher capacities – storage water heaters of 50 L and higher capacities will be good.
What is the natural climate of the place where the heater will be installed?
Given that in geographies with colder climates the ambient temperature and hence temperature of water is low; it will take longer to heat water to the desired temperature. In such colder climates, we recommend a heater with larger capacity to ensure a steady supply of hot water.
How many people will be using it?
For large-sized families, especially where many members use the bathroom within a few hours, it helps to have a larger capacity water heater, to ensure a steady supply of hot water for everyone
Quality of heating element
After the inner container [tank], the heating element is the next most vital component of the water heater. It is the component that heats water. Like the inner container [tank], heating element is also affected by very soft and very hard water. Extremely soft water can increase the conductivity of water causing premature failure of the heating element. Salt deposits in hard water leave a white, chalky deposit on the heating element effectively reducing its heating capacity leading to higher electricity consumption.
The elements in hindware-Atlantic Water Heaters are made with superior copper alloy designed to handle extreme water conditions and prevent scaling. This superior construction helps to extend the life of water heater.
What gives it an edge over other water heaters is its patented O’Pro Protection Technology, which provides additional protection to the tank and heating element against corrosion.
Quality of insulation
Energy saving is determined by measuring standing loss once water is fully heated i.e., how much of the heat generated by the heating element is retained in the water in the inner container [tank]. For this, it is very important that the water heater you choose has the right quality and the right amount of insulation material between the outer jacket and the inner container [tank], minimizing standing losses.
The Bureau of Energy Efficiency [BEE] has included water heaters into the Energy Star programme. The BEE star rating is on a scale of 1 to 5 with a 5-star rating indicating the highest levels of energy efficiency. hindware-Atlantic Water Heaters have a BEE 5 star rating. More stars means more savings.
Type of Insulation
hindware-Atlantic water heaters use high density CFC free liquid PU foam. This provides a superior insulation to the heating tank which retains the heat longer.
High density CFC free liquid PU foam is superior to fiberglass wool and PUF.
- It saves more energy.
- High-density foam makes product compact and aesthetically appealing.
- CFC free foam is environment friendly
Safety features of the water heater
hindware-Atlantic water heaters offer a range of superior safety features:
- It is the only product to have IP 24 protection – it’s superior construction and wiring layout ensures that water / moisture and objects up to 12mm in size will never come in contact with electric wiring of the product
- Suitable for high rise apartments – Class 1 design with 8 bar rated pressure
- Anti-Dry heating protection
- Safety valve to protect against high pressure
- Thermal cut-off
After sales service
hindware-Atlantic has a dedicated CRM and service center that can be contacted at the toll free no 1800-3010-2273 (CARE).hindware-Atlantic call centre is reachable all 7 days of week from 11 am to 8 pm. We provide free installation for storage Water Heaters. Installation is done in 24 hours [subject to water and electrical connections being in place] in metro cities and within 72 hours in other cities.
Hindware Atlantic Water Heater combine adv tech& robust mfg & engineering practices. These products are made in the state of the art plant in Thailand. Your product carries warrantee against manufacturing defects as follows,
– 2 yrs comprehensive warranty on the entire product
– 2+2 yrs of warranty on heating element: 2 yrs warranty is built-in in the product. Additional 2 yrs warnty on heating element is provided once consumer registers the product with our call center within 30 days from the date of purchase/installation
– 7 years warranty on the tank
Important Note: Consumers are advised to have regular check of product and replace magnesium anode (this provides protection to heating element and tank from excessive corrosion) based on advice from authorised technician
When to Change:
While it often comes down to the age and overall condition of your existing water heater and your preference of aesthetics and usage, it is time to change your water heater in any of the following circumstances:
- If the product is not meeting your specific requirement today.
- If the requirement of your family is more than the capacity of the existing water heater.
- If the water heater is not 5 star rated, and is therefore consuming precious energy.
- If the water isn’t getting as hot as it used to.
- If your find rust/sediment in the water.
- If you notice leakages in the body of heater
- If you hear banging in the pipes.
- If you hear banging in the pipes.
- All hindware-Atlantic water heaters bring you the latest in technology, consumer benefit & safety features. Providing you and your family comfort for a lifetime*.
*Life time: The definition of a life time is 14 years. The lifespan of a water heater also depends on quality ofinput water, external sources, routine maintenance and handling and may vary from product to product. However, the company will limit its liability as per the warranty issued at the time of purchase. We recommend that you get your hindware-Atlantic product serviced on regular intervals by authorized Service Engineers to get the best.
Water Heater Maintenance Tips
All hindware-Atlantic water heaters are designed to provide you and your family comfort for a lifetime*. In order to maximize the benefit of your heater, here are some maintenance tips from our experts.
- Make sure your house has a proper voltage regulator.
- Ensure installation is done by qualified technician from hindware-Atlantic
- Make sure the water inlet is free from all types of corrosion.
- Poor quality of water (with high levels of calcium, iron, magnesium etc.) can lead to corrosion. In case you get water that has high degree of these salts install a pre-treatment system to remove these salts. This process will be beneficial to your health, hair and heater.
- Like any other machine, water heaters should be inspected once every year by an authorized service partner.