OUR APPROACH TO PRIVACY
Your Privacy is important to us.
Somany Home Innovation Limited (hereinafter referred as “SHIL “or “we or “our”) recognizes that privacy is a fundamental human right and further recognizes the importance of privacy, security and data protection to our customers and partners worldwide. We strongly encourage you to take some time to read our Privacy Statement in full.
The Privacy Terms mentioned hereunder applies to present Mobile Application.
SHIL respects the privacy of every individual who visits or register on our mobile app. SHIL is sensitive to the privacy concerns of its registered members to its mobile app and recognizes that you are concerned about the information you provide us and how we treat that information. This privacy statement (“Statement”) provides information about the ‘personal information’ that SHIL collects, and the ways in which SHIL uses that personal information (‘personal data’).
PRIVACY PRINCIPLES: TO WIN THE TRUST OF THE VISITORS AND REGISTERED USERS TO ITS MOBILE APP, SHIL GIVES FOCUSES ON BELOW PRINCIPLES:-
- Data Access & Control: We will put you in control of your privacy with specific, informed & unambiguous choices with reasonable access along with the ability to review, correct, amend or delete the personal data you have shared with us.
- Lawfulness, Fairness & Transparency: We are transparent in all data collection and use so as you can make informed decisions on your provided data. We only collect personal data which is relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which it is collected. Our data processing activities are conducted:
- With your consent;
- In order to fulfil our obligations to you;
- For the legitimate purposes of advancing innovation and providing a seamless customer experience; or Otherwise in accordance with law
- Data Integrity & Purpose Limitation: We only use personal data for the purposes described at the time of collection or registration or for additional compatible purposes in accordance with law. We take reasonable steps to ensure that personal data is accurate, complete and current and we only collect personal data which is relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which it is collected. We will keep personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and then we will securely delete or destroy it.
- Data Security & Strong legal protections: We consider your privacy as a fundamental human right and will respect your local privacy laws. To protect personal data against unauthorized use or disclosure, we implement strong information security controls in our own operations.
- No content-based targeting: Except for the Benefits to you under this Statement, we will not use your email, chat, files or other personal content to target ads to you.
- Benefits to you: When we do collect data, we will use it to benefit you and to make your experiences better.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION:
We will not collect any personally identifiable information i.e. Personal Data about you (such as your name, address, contact number, e-mail address etc.) unless you provide it to us voluntarily during the registration on the mobile app. If you opt not to provide us with personally identifiable information at the time of registration no material consequences will result, although you may not be able to get yourself registered or participate in certain promotions, receive product information, corresponding services, certain specialized features or able to effectively respond to any queries you may have or participate in any kind of feedback or services/information as described under this Statement (collectively referred as ‘Services’).
In general, you may download our mobile app without providing any Personal Information about yourself. However, we collect certain information from you on registration such as:
- Personal information for creation of Account: Personal Information that you provide voluntarily while creating an Account via our mobile app, including information you provide when you register on our mobile app e.g. your name, address, city, pin, email address, mobile number, country and telephone number, For service related issues product complaint details shall also be required to be shared. This information helps to activate, manage and provide services in efficient manner;
- User Device/Product Information: Your model details, IoT device details, unique device identifier (MAC ID, UUID, etc.), IP address, IoT Device, demographics, & Product Firmware version number, Product category or nickname of your device, F/W and S/W information and browser type and information collected via cookies will be collected for you that can interact with the device through mobile app. SHIL does not collect personally identifiable information automatically, but we may tie information collected automatically to your previously submitted personally identifiable information not limited to country code, language, OS, time zone, network, memory capacity, IMEI, etc.;
- Smart (IoT) Device/Product Information: All the smart device/product information will be collected so that it can be displayed to you via mobile app/App or it would help us to monitor that the product is working right.
This refers to all information (including technical data & data inserted by customer in the mobile app) collected from the product depending on the product category and what action has been applied to product through mobile app or you may be using our products.
The main data will be primarily collected from the IoT based products (i.e. Water Purifier, Kitchen Chimney, Water Heater, Air Cooler, Air Purifier & Air Conditioner) when such IoT based products are connected with power & internet and controlled through our mobile app.
- We will capture some product data and technical information generated from the above said IoT based products to show the required information on your mobile app page.
- For Alexa & Google Home configuration:
- For supporting the configuration process of our products some of your information will be shared with Alexa & Google Home to provide better accessibility of your products through their platform.
- Picture/video: The picture or video acquired via this mobile app would help us to display your products to you on the mobile app so that you can manage them easily.
Cookie related details are provided in the Cookies Policy.
- We collect data from the following third parties: Commercially-available data such as name, address, email address, preferences, interests, and certain demographic data. For example, personal data may be collected when you access our mobile app through social media logins (i.e. logging in to our applications using your Facebook, Twitter or other social media credentials). The basic details we receive may depend on your social network account privacy settings.
- Pseudonymisation: Anonymous answers to surveys or anonymous and aggregated information about how our products & Services are used. In certain cases, we apply a process of de-identification or pseudonymisation to your data to make it reasonably unlikely to identify you through the use of that data with available technology.
- CHILDREN PRIVACY:
SHIL Services are made for the general public. SHIL does not knowingly collect data from children as defined by local law without the previous consent of their parents or legal guardians or as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
- USING PERSONAL INFORMATION:
Your information may be shared with agents or contractors of SHIL in connection with Services that these individuals or entities perform for SHIL and ensure that they maintain the Confidentiality of the said shared information. SHIL will not give, share or forward your personal identifiable information to any outside organization or with third parties, unless SHIL needs to share your personal information to provide the product or Service you have requested and SHIL have asked for and obtained your explicit consent. The foregoing notwithstanding, if
- SHIL may store and process your personally identifiable information to understand your needs better and how we may improve our products and Services, and to contact you (viz. we may send you marketing or promotional materials or other information), we may respond to your comments or requests for information.
- Disclosure was required by law, rule or regulation or was in response to a valid order of a court or authorized agency of government or other legal process and/or;
- We need to operate and also maintain the security of this mobile application, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks;
- When SHIL finds your action on the mobile app violates the SHIL terms and condition or any of your usage guidelines for specific products or Services.
- You request or authorize us to do so;
- SHIL use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to provide better usability, troubleshooting and site maintenance;
- to understand which parts of the mobile app are visited and how frequently;
- to create your user ID;
- to verify your identity.
- to prevent and trace fraudulent or inappropriate usage.
- to identify you once you register on our mobile app;
- to assist you in completing transactions and orders of our products or Services, administering your account, processing payments, arranging shipments and deliveries and facilitating repairs and returns;
- to develop our existing products and services, together with general and statistical information.
- to innovate new products, features and Services using research and development tools and incorporating data analysis activities.
- to conduct investigations regarding our products and services.
- to attend & provide maintenance services/services, to improve our products or analyse the efficiency of our operations.
- to show more relevant & meaningful product health data on your mobile screen.
- to personalize product design and to provide you with services tailored for you.
- to understand how you are using our product & services.
- to develop more customers oriented future products & service.
- to provide marketing and promotional materials to you about our products and services (please note that you may unsubscribe anytime).
- to communicate with you, including providing you with notifications on products and services that are updated or launched.
- to contact you and respond to your questions or requests;
- to provide access to desirable content based on your preferences and how we may improve our products and Services.
- to provide personalized promotional offers (in accordance with your Privacy Preferences) on SHIL mobile app and other selected partner websites (for example, you might see an advertisement for a product on a partner site that you have recently viewed on SHIL site). We might also share some of your information with selected partners, marketing service providers and digital marketing networks to present advertisements that might interest you.
- To understand how you are using our product & services.
- To develop more customers oriented future products & service.
- If you choose not to provide desired information then we may not be able to provide the deliverables as stated in preceding point no. 2 of Using Personal Information as described in this Statement.
- Should any user of the mobile app respond with information including feedback data such as questions, comments, suggestions on this mobile app, such information shall be deemed to be non-confidential and SHIL shall deal with the same in the manner it deems fit in accordance to this Statement.
SECURING YOUR DATA: DATA RECIPIENTS, TRANSFER, AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION:-
- SHIL does not share your Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes without seeking your prior permission.
- SHIL shall share your Personal Information within
- SHIL or with any of its subsidiaries;
- Business partners;
- Service vendors;
- Authorized third-party agents; or
- SHIL shall take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- Agents or contractors of SHIL who have access to your personally identifiable information in connection with providing Services for SHIL are required to keep the information confidential and are not permitted to use this information for any other purpose than to carry out the Services they are performing for SHIL. However, SHIL is not liable to any individual who has posted his personally identifiable information on this mobile app and is being misused by somebody else due to no fault, negligence or otherwise on the part of SHIL.
- SHIL do not, and will not, sell personal data to third parties. We do permit third parties to collect the personal data described above through our Services and share personal data with third parties for business purposes as described in this Privacy Statement, including but not limited to providing advertising on our Services and elsewhere based on users’ online activities over time and across different sites, services, and devices (so-called “interest-based advertising”). The information practices of these third parties are not covered by this Privacy Statement.
- We may also share your personal data when we believe, in good faith, that we have an obligation to:
- respond to duly authorized information requests of law enforcement agencies, regulators, courts and other public authorities, including to meet national security or other law enforcement requirements;
- comply with any law, regulation, subpoena, or court order;
- investigate and help prevent security threats, fraud or other criminal or malicious activity;
- enforce/protect the rights and properties of SHIL or its subsidiaries; or
- protect the rights or personal safety of SHIL, our employees, and third parties on or using SHIL property when allowed and in line with the requirements of applicable law.
- In general, SHIL, domiciled in Gurgugram, Haryana India, is the data controller processing your Personal Information.
- You can make or change your choices regarding subscription or registration or general communications from SHIL at the data collection point or by using methods described in this section. These options do not apply to communications primarily for the purpose of administering order completion, contracts, support, product safety warnings, or other administrative and transactional notices where the primary purpose of these communications is not promotional in nature.
- SHIL marketing communications provide information about products, services, and/or support and you can select how these communications are delivered – e.g., via post, email, telephone, or mobile device. Marketing communications may include new product or services information, special offers, personalized content, targeted advertising or invitations to participate in market research or compliance reviews.
- You may opt out of receiving these general communications by using one of the following methods:
- You may uninstall our mobile application;
- Select the email’s “Opt out” or “Unsubscribe” link, or follow the instructions included in each email subscription communication;
- You can also disable automatic data collection tools, such as web beacons, in email messages by not downloading images contained in messages you receive from SHIL.
SHIL adopts reasonable and appropriate security practices and procedures including administrative, physical security, and technical controls in order to safeguard your Personal Information we collect and process on this mobile application.
Personal Information will not be retained for a period more than necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this privacy statement, unless a longer retention period is required by law or for directly related legitimate business purposes.
- CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFERS:
- Information that you submit for publication on the mobile app will be published on the internet and may be available around the world. You agree to such cross-border transfers of personal information.
- In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, SHIL may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights
This mobile app may contain links and access to other websites like Alexa, Google Home, Facebook, Twitter etc. and privacy practices of said websites/third parties are different from ours. SHIL is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
- Information collected by third party websites, platforms or applications are not under our control;
- Information collected by third party websites, platforms or applications which you access via links on SHIL are not under our control;
- Banners, sweepstakes and other advertisements or promotions on third party sites that we may sponsor or participate in are not under our control.
- Such sites, outside our control or purview have their own privacy policies, which you may refer to at your own discretion.
- Necessary cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to offer the basic functionality of the mobile app and to remember your cookie settings.
- We may also collect information to track user behaviour and preferences for internal analysis from all users of the mobile app. This information is collected through the use of server log files and tracking technologies to collect and analyze certain types of technical information and may include cookies and web beacons.
- You understand, agree and acknowledge that our collection, storage and processing of your personal indefinable information is for a lawful purpose and to provide you with services that make this mobile app more efficient for you. Refer our Cookies Policy.
ACCESS, CORRECTION, DELETING OBJECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
- You may note that deletion of certain personal identifiable information may lead to cancellation of your registration with the mobile app and your access to certain features of the mobile app.
- You as a Data Subject have the right to access, correct (rectification), delete (right to be forgotten) or transfer (data portability) your Personal Information that we hold, including your profile and preferences, you can always do so by sending a request to us on the e-mail id provided here below. You may note that deletion of certain personal identifiable information may lead to cancellation of your registration with the mobile app and your access to certain features of the mobile app.
- You also have the right to object to certain processing (‘restriction of processing’) and, where we have asked for your consent to process your Personal Information, to withdraw this consent. Where we process your Personal Information because we have a legitimate interest in doing so (as explained above), you also have a right to object to this. These rights may be limited in some situations – for example, where we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your Personal Information.
- You can assert your rights in the corresponding sections where such information was provided or by contacting us at email@example.com
HOW TO CONTACT US:
- You have the right to ask us for a copy of any personal data that you have provided to us or that we maintain about you and to request an explanation about the processing. In addition, you have the right to withdraw any consent previously granted or to request correction, amendment, restriction, anonymization or deletion of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide with your consent or in connection with a contract in a structured, machine readable format and to ask us to transfer this data to another data controller.
- To exercise your rights, or if you have any questions or concerns about our Privacy Statement, our collection and use of your data or a possible breach of local privacy laws, you can contact us or Data Protection Officer or write to us at the appropriate address below:
Contact person: Jaspreet Kaur
Contact address: Somany Home Innovation Limited, Plot No. 68, Echelon Institutional Area, Sec-32, Gurugram (Haryana) - 122001
- All communications will be treated confidentially. Upon receipt of your communication, our representative will contact you within a reasonable time to respond to your questions or concerns. In some cases, we may request further information in order to verify your identity. We aim to ensure that your concerns are resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.
UPDATES & CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT:
- SHIL may change the data privacy practices and update this Privacy Statement as and when the need arises, and the same will be made available on the mobile app.
- We recommend that you re-visit this Statement from time to time to learn of any such changes to this Statement. But our commitment to protect the privacy of mobile app users will continue to remain.
- If we make significant changes to our Privacy Statement that materially alter our privacy practices, we may also notify you by other means, such as sending an email or posting a notice on our corporate website and/or social media pages prior to the changes taking effect.